Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Q & A: My Opinion...

When I started, I would just ride. 
No special gear, no crazy carbon bike... I did it just to get out there.


Question: Hey man wassup? I've been following your blog for a month or so and think its cool. I stumbled on it looking for a way to try and lose weight and i think your sight is motivating. I myself weigh 370 and running and walking are not an option. I was thinking of buying a bike from walmart but my wife called around to a couple of bike shops and they said it would be a bad idea. They said at my weight the bike would last long and that those bikes are in the toy section for a reason. I'm not sure if that's right or not if you could give me your opinion i would appreciate it. I don't have alot of money to put up front for bike right now and want to make a good decision. Could you recommend anything? The bike shop recommended customizing a mountain bike for me w/ road tires. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 


Answer: Thanks! That's great that you are doing something about it. The main thing you need to do right now is lose some of those pounds by changing your diet. When I started out I went hardcore by strictly eating those smart ones microwave dinners. Counted all calories and made sure I was under 1000 calories a day. That's just what I did and the first month the pounds just shed off. About the bike. They are right that the Walmart bike will not last but what do you expect from an $89 bike. That was my first bike I had. It was just to get me doing something. A little exercise goes a long way. I set a weight loss goal and said it would be awesome to get a better bike when I got there. That's when I got my Trek fx. But that bike is 600$. My first mountain bike did take the punishment but it was worth dishing out the 89 just for the sake of getting me started. Once you have enough cash. Get yourself a hybrid bike. They are more comfortable. You can go lots faster and you will enjoy the ride more. The mountain bike makes exercising...well exercise. When you get the faster bike it becomes fun. When u have fun you stay on bike longer meaning you burn more calories. Everyone has to start somewhere and if all you can get right now is a bike from a pawn shop go for it. Just start doing it and you will lose the pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment