Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fiesta Marathon Spectator...


Running a marathon is a goal in which many runners strive to attain.  Spending months and months of doing training runs in order to build a good base to finish the 26.2 mile punishment.  Not many people can say that they have finished a whole marathon, only a dedicated few.   Well today I went to my first marathon and well.... I did not run it lol....I am not crazy!!! lol

I have always said that I hated running, I have never been good at it.  I take horribly short steps, my ankles hurt, my back becomes tense and for some reason I can not control my breathing.  I'm just like a fat kid grasping for air when I run...plus when ever I do run it is usually at a track and it is not always the most fun filled experience. Well I know that all I need is training and miles on my legs to get on the ball, and it is something that I can do.  I have alway had that fear of not wanting to.  Well I'm gonna make a commitment to my buddies that next year I will be running out there with them.  I will at least take a leg of the relay and make it worth the run.  Not gonna say I will run a marathon anytime soon but who knows...

Today I went to support Cindy, Billy, and Sergio as they attempted the Mixed Relay Marathon, where each one would take a leg of the marathon and hand the baton off to the next runner.

Billy started it off finishing close to the front of the pack
Cindy ran the longest 4.8 miles in her life.

The second exchange

Serge always means serious business!

Serge taking the last turn before the finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment