Saturday, April 2, 2011

Great race. Mercedes mid valley challenge...




Awesome race! Kinda weird that this morning I went out to do my warmup and I had that feeling where I felt like I knew I was gonna get tired, I did a little short acceleration and I was out of breath. Kinda scared me that I'm signed up for a 62 mile race and I got winded just warming up. Lol. Well I went out anyways and instantly off the bat they start doing attacks after attacks. It's a strategy they use to drop people quick. Make them work hard to catch up and eventually they will break off. I felt good. Weird. Well it was like that most of the ride. I was actually in the breakaway group which held it till the end. We gained 7 min over the peleton. About 5 miles before the finish my legs started cramping real bad. I needed water, salt, I don't know but it was bad. They never healed up so i just took it in slow and just finished the race. I was still 2 and a half min ahead of the next guy so that was awesome. Big difference from last years drop lol. Come a long way. I still need to lose more pounds if I want to do even better. I got the power but I'm wasting lots of it hauling the extra pounds. Good ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment