Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cycling to South Padre Island 10k...


Why not... it's just 70 miles...  That is what we said yesterday, we wanted to make the trip out there because my friend Cindy was going to do a 10k run over the causeway and we always try and support each other in events. Make things more fun to do when you have buddies cheering you on... 

Today we battled a headwind and fog for 70 miles...we did not think about that.  Thats the main problem in the valley, we do not have hills, we do not have winter storms, all we do have is wind and lots of it!  It was a smooth steady paced ride in which I tried to keep over 20 mph for the whole duration. It ended up being a good 20.3 average, a good time considering I was fighting the head wind. Once we got there Billy had enough energy to do the 10k himself so he laced up his running shoes and jumped into the group.  He ran a great time of 52 min even after doing the whole ride and pulling for hours!

Train just appeared out of the fog, it was thick this morning.


A picture of how my ride looked for most of the morning.

I rode my bike along the runners. Here I am drafting in one of Billy's long pulls. 

Cindy did good for not training. Here she is asking for two beers while running, didn't know she was such a drunk! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment