Friday, January 7, 2011

Nothing beats a great ride with a great breakfast...


This morning started around 4:30 because we had planned an interval ride around 5 am. Mike, Billy and I were the brave ones to get the training done.  My usual riding partner Sergio missed out on what was to be one of the harder and essential training rides to get faster.  It usually happens when we do these harder rides his alarm does not work.  Every...Single...Time....  He has missed more hard training rides than Billy because of his sundial alarm.  Like usual, I always give a couple wake up text to them and they usually text back right away.  It was as expected, 4 wake up text later and I just gave up on him and headed out to the ride with Billy who lives around 30 miles away and made it on time.  Well today we did 5 time trial intervals, each interval I would go a little harder as to tire out the guys.  It worked and I immediately dropped Mike who says he was trying to stay in his zone of 170 beats per minute.  We were going 21 and my heart-rate was at 137 so I just went ahead and took off a little harder making him suck wheel the rest of the sets. Billy, trying to be a Serge, went side by side with me huffing and puffing only falling back for a minute then he would pull back up.  Well it was a good ride and we finished it off at Savory perks again.  From all that tourture to one of the most chill coffee shop there is.  

Billy talking about his "dropping" Mike

Cool old guys bikes. Mike will soon join the club. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment