Monday, January 3, 2011

Got myself a trainer....

First of all I would like to point out that my bike survived yesterday's thrashing beautifully! No scratches, no dents, just like new the way it has been.  THANK GOD!!! lol



The day started at 530 in the morning when I received a text from Mike saying that he was not feeling well and was going to pass on our morning ride, but was not sick enough to eat some IHOP.  Well there went our plan for the morning. After IHOP we decided to go to Academy to shop for an inexpensive trainer because we were talking about how it was going to be raining the next few days and we still needed to get our workout in.  Found myself a nice $80 buck trainer, I could not see myself spending 2 to 3 hundred bucks on a piece of metal that puts resistance on your wheel and I can deal with the noise by turning up the volume.


For some reason Sergio broke into a dance when I was opening the package, he gets excited with these things. lol...


Thats when the real fun began!  Fortunately I have an awesome wall projector screen that we can see training DVD's on!  This movie was intense.  Riding a trainer is a beast in itself, there is no coasting, constant resistance and no wind to keep you cool.  My heat rate in a race is usually around 154, with the trainer and this workout I was up to 168 for pretty much the whole 1 hr workout!  This is tough, I can not stress enough. I believe that if we do these a little more often, it will give us great leg strength that when we get out on the road we will be flying.


No comments:

Post a Comment