Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chinese 12k / 3k Carbon Triathlon Time Trial eBay frames, Are they good?...


Been trying to get some info on these time trial frames that have been selling on eBay for quite a while.  First of all they look awesome!  And for under $600 they are a steal!  Well I'm a true believer in "get what you pay for" and well whenever you look at a deal that is too good to be true... it usually is.


It sort of looks like a Trek up front and a Specialized transition in the back.  Not a bad combo.  From what I've been reading, pretty much there are only three factories that make frames for all the major brand bike companies.  These come from those factories so I assume that they have the same quality control as the likes of Trek and Giant.  One could argue that they do not have the R&D that the other companies have put into their frames, such as wind testing and weight reduction.  But I am not THOR, I'm do not really mind losing half a second on my TT due to the drag. Must keep researching but damn it's tempting....



No comments:

Post a Comment