Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lets tackle the levees...

I'm gonna stop planning rides... for some reason planned rides never go as...planned! We got the great idea of riding the caliche roads following the levees from Raymondville back home.  We had said we were gonna take off at 6:15 in the morning and be done before 10 am giving us the rest of Sunday to do whatever we want to do.  We loaded up the bikes, headed out, fueled up with some tacos and coffee and got dropped off in the middle of nowhere.  First of all, we should have never even started this ride because it was a blistering 31 degrees out there and I dressed for 60 degree weather!  My hands were frozen trying to pump up the tires, what was I thinking trying to tackle 2 to 3 hrs out there lol!  

Nonetheless we clipped in our shoes and rode away, leaving our SAG and our only hopes of backing out behind us!  I began breathing hard, my legs started burning, my heart rate elevated, I had a frostbitten face and then 2.4 miles into the ride there was a gift from God! My front tire went flat. lol!  Since we are NOOBS in the cycling world, we only took CO2 tanks without tubes!!!  YESSSS! We could abandon our trip without being douchbags and quitting!! lol...  


We had to call up our SAG to come back for us. I encouraged my friends to keep going, but they were to weak and pathetic to continue! lol. 


Mike is the most flamboyant biker there is with his custom made scarf made from baby alpacas that were taken away from their mom while feeding and slaughtered for the hair around their butt hole... the softest part for the scarf that goes around his neck and mouth.


When we got home Sergio decided that he did not have a great workout so he went at it with the shake weight for three hours!  Really a pro!
His brother was cheering him on!  Great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment