Monday, November 29, 2010

100 Mile Ride...Why not? TURKEYRIDE100


I love to eat turkey!  For the past thirty years of my life, thanksgiving has been the day where we eat lots and lots of food.  From  ham to mashed potatoes (spell check by Cindy de la Frontera) to pecan pies to carrot cake to rolls to turkey to tamales to food food food.... It is one of the many reasons I got to the point where I was.   BUT NOT THIS YEAR, this year I am a new person.  I have a new passion.  I have a new direction that I want to take my life and in order to feast the days food, I must face the pain of going out there and burn all the calories I may possibly take in!  Well I'm being a little over dramatic but you get the point...lol    



This is the perfect picture to show the mood of this ride. EXHAUSTING!


Like always Sergio has to piss everywhere.



At mile 74 we stopped for a little nutrition. Not good choices but hey we have been on the road for more than 5 hrs.  I decided to not eat anything and just drink some gatorade, bad idea I soon realized a few miles down the road.


Whenever you see salt, thats not a good sign. That means that Eric is getting kinda dehydrated. Remember DRINK LOTS OF WATER.


Hey we needed a good photo op to get our mind off the pain.





The view I had for many miles, trying to see my cadence and speed. Wind is not your enemy, your psycological being is - it can completely make you give up or do the unthinkable.



One last break before we head home. You don't care where you lie down when your tired, here we are on the cement of a dirty gas station lane.  We finished our Turkey day Century, battled the harsh wind the whole way.  NEVER Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment