Monday, November 22, 2010

Recovery ride...or not

Some of the greatest rides are the ones where you are out there with a cool breeze by yourself in pure silence. Just the sound of you breathing and your bikes chain being spun can be so relaxing. Today I had about 10 miles of me after my training ride.
  

This morning I had planned on a smooth 30 mile recovery ride to loosen up the legs from yesterdays thrashing but when I joined Mike at Starbucks and he, as usual, had his plan to do intervals.  Doing these intervals with Mike has made me so much faster and an overall better rider.  We set off and did 3 intervals of 5 minutes each doing the toughest gear maintaining a constant cadence of 60-65.  This works out your main cycling leg muscles.  After 5 minutes of mashing the pedals it really starts to wear you down.  Doing this you can actually feel what part of the leg needs work because you are constantly flexing and pulling.  Overall this was a great workout and went home feeling accomplished.  My legs are still sore from yesterday but I know that they will recover so much stronger than before. Total miles today was 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment