Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mid-Valley Crits - I think we started something big...




So that little idea we had on our trip home from a race in San Antonio has really took off... We just wanted to get together to do a little mock criterium so we could get used to taking the turns and accelerating but now it has become a event of it's own.  These are the kind of things I love to do.... Make and impact, Make others get out there and get into something fun, this is a good example of what a little bit of action can do. We are getting more and more people to show up at our little Tuesday rides.  We are on our third week hosting the event and we are getting more spectators, more racer, more divisions.  I set up a Facebook account to let everyone know when we have events, I make sure to get video of the events, I even bring my sound system so people can experience the atmosphere that others have up state.  I think we are doing something great for our local cycling community.  I even give credit to this ride for my recent PR on the time trial.  Doing a 30 min crit is the same as doing a 30 min interval.  It has made my heart get used to the abuse of hammering hard.  Tonight is the third one, let's see how things turn out!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment