Monday, December 13, 2010

Got to keep getting those miles...

I've always loved the cold weather, the best time of the year!  Here in the valley we do not get more than two months of cool weather and I have always been the person that could not wait for these times to come.  These are the times when I would love the smell of hot chocolate, pan dulce and tamales in the mornings, those made for unforgettable years.                
                                                       

Times are different now...  This morning the first thing I did was check my Iphone weather app to see that the temperature read "TOO COLD!"  Being that we had planned a good 30 miler today I went outside to check if my phone was lying..... too bad it wasn't.  As soon as closed the door I received a text from Sergio "Dude it's 39!!"  I texted him back "So you wanna ride?" (I never want to be the one that backs out of a ride lol!) Sergio texted back immediately "NO PLEASE :("  Too funny, he even included a sad face. lol  Either way I was still gonna say lets get some extra sleep and ride tomorrow. 


I had to get some miles in today so I set off to do the 30 miler that we had planned anyway in the afternoon.  Just me, my bike, and Pandora.  It was a good long endurance ride doing my old mid valley loop that I used to always do when I started out riding countless mile by myself.  I go down 493, turn on Military Road, go north on 1015 and back home through the back roads. I got home as the sun went down. Felt good. Burnt calories.


Only set back of the ride was that my Millon Cygolite broke off its base.  This is the second one that this has happened to. This is a factory defect for this model and its mounting system.  I would not recommend this light to anyone.  It is awesome and bright but the company needs to solve this problem. I have broken two and I believe Micheal has lost two also.



No comments:

Post a Comment