Thursday, December 16, 2010

Today...


This picture was taken the summer of 09.  We had gone on a weekend trip to San Antonio with our family and went to Fiesta Texas to get on the rides. Great times.  Or was it.  Looking back there is a big problem with this picture....I'm not in it... The weird thing is that when you are a bigger person you don't see yourself big, I guess you figure ways to make excuses or manipulate your thought into thinking its cool..  Actually the reason why I was not on the ride and in most of the fun that day was because my back was hurting.. The rides  ups and downs would hurt my back.   The main excuse that I would alway use was that it was because of an old football injury and every now and then my back would start hurting, but noooo it was that extra 100 lbs! I look back at that day and realized that I missed out.  Good thing I decided I did not want to miss out anymore.  

What I'm trying to say is that you just have to start TODAY! Don't make excuses for not doing it, because you will miss the best things in life for one reason or another.  You don't even have to be that big to start, get it done, make the commitment to change next year! The only thing that you will get out of it is a better you.

Today as I rode my bike on one of the hardest training rides we have done in a while I was thinking to myself why do we do this?  Why are we enduring this pain? Why do I make myself wake up at 4:30?  Why am I pushing myself when no one is making me do it?     It's just something you have to do. I made the decision to change.  You just have to motivate yourself, set goals and never quit.  Sometimes when you feel like quitting just keep on pushing, at times you will be left behind, at times you will feel like you can't no more, but it is that wall that you need to jump that will make you a better person.

So people from the bike and weight loss forums that subscribe to my blog, and there are a bunch of you.  You have chosen a great way to shed those pounds, keep on doing what you are doing.  We all can set goals but how many people get up and do something about it. 



Here is an embarrassing video of me. laugh lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment