Friday, November 19, 2010

Here we go again...

Seems like every time I do something new, we do it over and over again.  For the past couple of months I have really been training hard nearly everyday on my road bike.  Waking up around 4:30 in the morning to get ready to do some hardcore interval training with my friends Mike, Sergio, and Billy "Breakaway" Flores has become a routine.  It has become not like a fun ride but just a "got to get up and get these miles done" kinda thing. 
Getting back on my mountain bike make me feel like I can breath again. A break from the monotonous routine.  New style of riding, no worries of traffic or lights, actually riding during the day!  
Today I called up all the buddies to go on our same backroad trek that we did yesterday.  Good to have fun people around me that enjoy getting out there like me.  Sure enough everyone showed up and out we went.  Billy, Cindy, Adrian and Arlene joined in the adventure.  As aways Billy and I turn it into a competition and start racing on our bikes.  We are so used to using our road bikes, which are tons faster, that we soon realize that gearing is definatly the reason why we go fast.  We were spinning like crazy going like 150 rpm on the crank!  It's exhausting... This is a crazy workout!  Fun Fun Fun! 
I tired billy out so bad that he nearly pissed his shorts. haha

We made it back right before sundown and called it a day.
Just keep on riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment